Well I was lucky enough to be asked by Bzz Agent to try Benjamin Moore's Aura Paint Line for free, for review purposes.
<img src="https://img.bzzagent.com/image/aura.jpg?Type=activity&Activity=9994143414&Campaign=9558742616&Uid=1302295&token=0e4201bb60c47502e9cd8d3bb3d8d815" alt=""/>
Now I have to get this out there, this is an expensive can of paint when you first look at it in the store, but the increase in price is justified and may even end up costing you less in dollars, certainly in man hours when your project is all said and done. This paint is a much thicker paint than the traditional, but it covers nearly over any surface or color in one coat. This means you don't need to prime, or mess with second or third coats.
Also it is more environmentally friendly so the odor of fresh paint is missing. This is a nice touch if you are painting in a bed room or trying to finish a last minute project and expecting company and don't want your house smelling like the paint isle at home depot.f
There are some tips I learned and I will share my knowledge with you... (applause)
1. Always when not using your paint brush, cover it with a damp paper towel. When I say this paint is thick it also drys quickly. One phone call from your bestie or a grilled cheese for the kiddies later and your brush will be stiff (no giggling).
2. When you start to paint or are overlapping use a feather motion, You really should wait for the coat that is already on the wall to dry up before you paint near it, the paint will pull a bit as it is drying quickly.
3. If you can finish a wall without stopping, but it isn't necessary as long as you cover your brush and feather the latter coat.
4. When you start to paint do your cutting first, (this is around doors, windows and ceilings and baseboards. Once you have cut then apply you coat, remember above mentioned points.
5. Since this paint drys quickly you can take of tape, very carefully and move back in, but take care not to let anything go right up the wall until the paints has cured a bit.
6. Speaking of tape, don't be a cheapskate now, spring for the good not too tacky painters tape, do not go to the dollar store and get some tape thinking it won't matter. It will.
7. No odor so it's nice to paint in the winter and not have to open windows for ventilation.
Ok my good friends, I have passed along my painting knowledge to you., Go forth and decorate.